Payment Plans for COVID-19
All registrations can benefit from a Payment Plan. This will assist the club in reimbursing you if the sessions should be cancelled part way through. When registering, be sure to click the payment options.
COVID-19 Response & Policies
Skate Canada is developing national policies and guidelines for clubs to follow to protect the skaters, their families and coaches.
We are closely following the development of Skate Canada's policies and the Government of Alberta regulations.
For current Skate Canada Policies, please visit Skate Canada COVID-19 Response.
Find information for the mandatory face covering bylaw in City of Edmonton facilities here: Mask Bylaw
This page will be regularly updated as regulations change.
Club Policies and Responses - Updated April 2
The club will be communicating with skaters and their families primarily through email. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the email list.
Hygiene: Proper hygiene can reduce the risk of infection and spreading the infection to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your arm or a tissue and dispose of the tissue as soon as possible in a waste basket. Wash your hands after handling the tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouths and nose with unwashed hands.
If any symptoms arise, please stay at home and do not attend your scheduled session.
Face masks are optional. Please respect everyone's choices.
All Federation coaches and program assistants will be provided with training on cleaning protocols and program delivery methods in order to comply with Skate Canada's and the Government of Alberta's protocols.
Cleaning protocols will be put into place between each session to protect our skaters, their families and our coaches. These cleaning protocols may include:
- Wiping down high traffic areas such as board tops, board doors and board benches
- Making hand sanitizer available between and during sessions
Session times have been adjusted to allow for cleaning and skaters to leave/enter the ice at staggered times.
- CanSkate lessons will begin 15 minutes prior to PreCanSkate. Please abide by lesson start times and do not enter the ice surface until it is your/your skaters lesson time.
In order to facility cleaning protocols, skaters are asked to come to the arena dressed in their skating clothes and carrying as few personal items as possible. If possible, skates should be put on outside of the arena with skating bags left in the vehicle. If this is not possible, limited dressing room space will be available. Masks are required in the dressing room for all individuals - as per the City of Edmonton bylaw.
All skaters are required to complete the Skate Canada Risk Waiver before the first day of skating (included in registration).
No contact tracing will be maintained as per updated Government and Skate Canada regulations. We still ask all skaters and spectators to not attend their session if they are feeling unwell.